Track Side Notes From Clark Proctor – Eastern Creek Nov. 2014

Clark keeping in touch between races.
Clark keeping in touch between races.

Driving the Metalman Mobil1 March 73A F5000

Sat. 29/11/2014 1:53 pm

Well after a tough week health wise I suffered a punctured lung on Monday and as a such have really struggled this week. Against better advice I have travelled to Sydney and can tell you that the flight and the next day were not nice as I wasn’t feeling very well. I was extremely short of breath. I only completed 2 of the scheduled 4 practice sessions. I used the 1st to help fellow Kiwi David Banks and as a sighting session. Today we have just completed qualifying and am pleased to inform you all that we have qualified in P1, surprisingly with a healthy margin on 2.2 seconds to Steve Ross, 2.6 to Aussie Paul Zazryn and David banks in 4th .

The team have done an awesome job with the car so on to the two races this afternoon.

Sat 29/11/2014 5:46 pm
Race 1

Flag to flag win

Steve Ross matched us into the very fast turn 1 but as he was on the inside I had to let. I pushed hard for 5 laps and pulled a nice manageable gap then backed off a little to conserve tyres and maintained it until the end. We are very happy the Metalman Mobil1 March is going great. All the best

Sat 30/11/2014 2:33 pm
Race 2

Young Aussie hotshot Tom Tweedie had repaired his car and although starting several rows behind me I knew that I really had to go at the start. In the race preceding ours a Vehicle had blown its engine putting a massive oil down all the way around the fast blind left hand corporate hill corner . During our two warm up laps, I ran through the oil down twice to check the grip and I can tell you there was none. I won the start and put my head down and pulled away from the field. I was being very careful not to lose it on the oil. Maybe too much so. However I could see young Tom coming closer every lap. I decided that my goal this season is to win the championship so eased up, conserved my tires and car allowing Tim to catch and pass me. I then just cruised home for an easy second that really is a first for the championship. As Tom was unable to finish race one another podium place will secure us the meeting win. Third was Steve Ross who had nothing to match our pace Paul Zazryn in4th and a fine 5th to Kiwi David Banks.

Sun 30/11/2014 9:53 p.m
Race 3

Race delayed due to heavy rain.

When started, the weather was still threatening with amazing lightning and thunder. Tweedie was on pole and duly jumped the start but as previously stated to you all he is not part of the championship so I slotted into 2nd and concentrated on finishing 2 nd in the race. On lap three the rain came in and the water was running all over the track like mini rivers. Most of the field had at least one spin and many headed for safety in the pits. I stayed out kept my head and although I had a few moments finished second in the trophy race to Tweedie with Zazryn in 3rd and Russel Greer home in fourth. We are happy as we now have in the championship 4 wins, 1 second and 1 third from 6 races and now lead the championship. We now head Home and next race at the festival at HAMPTON in January. A huge thanks to my crew Kelvin and Brownie as without their support and that of or supporters this whole mission would be impossible. Thanks to you all.